The Don Thompson Sensory Exploration Area is a space to promote and to share the kinds of activities that children enjoy doing in the classroom.
We welcome ideas that can help us enhance each other’s knowledge of sensory exploration activities that will:
- Stimulate children’s development
- Respect individual learning styles
- Enhance early childhood education environments
Sensory Exploration Package
By presenting a series of hands-on activities for children ages birth through age 8 in the Don Thompson Sensory Exploration Area, you and three other group members in your organization will receive four free Saturday registrations.
As a presenter you will also have an opportunity to attend some of the seminars and/or the Keynote Speaker and a luncheon that will take place at the Conference for a nominal fee of $20.00 per person. All lunches are pre-ordered and pre-paid.
Registration for this Exhibit is now closed. Thank you for your interest, we'll see you next year!
Note: Participation is limited and on a first come first serve basis.
- Each Sensory Exploration group of presenters receives 4 free registrations
- Presenters receive a confirmation call/letter stating that you are registered and lunch orders have been posted
- Your conference packet, name tag, and lunch ticket can be picked up in the Sensory Exploration Area located in the Southwest Exhibit Hall at the Albuquerque Convention Center
- Please be sure to check-in at the Sensory Exploration check-in table and receive your packet before you occupy the table that has been reserved for your presentation.
- Presenter set-up will take place between 6:30 and 7:15 am, and doors open to attendees at 7:30 am. Your tables are pre-assigned with your school name posted at each table.
- Please provide a poster board, kid made, sign with the name of your organization and the title of your presentation. Also bring pins and/or tape to attach your sign in your space.
- A handout (recipe) of the activity your group will be presenting is required as a presenter in this area. Please provide enough copies to hand out to participants. Don Thompson Sensory Exploration presenters are responsible for their own copying costs.
- Please bring enough materials for large groups of attendees to visit your table at least 3 times in the day.
- The Sensory Exploration Area is open to conference participants the entire day thus requiring that tables be staffed by two people at all times (including lunchtime) until the end of the Conference at 3:15 pm.
- NMAEYC is not responsible or liable for any missing materials or personal items.
- No children are allowed at the conference due to insurance requirements.
If you have any questions about the Don Thompson Sensory Exploration Area, please contact email@example.com!