Child Care Policy Summit:
The Case for High Quality Child Care - for Children, for Families, and for Business
Ensuring Quality Child Care in New Mexico:
Strengthening NM's Child Care Policy and Engaging Business Leader Champions
Saturday, October 22, 2016
8:15AM - 3:00PM
UNM Science and Technology Park ROTUNDA
801 University Blvd, Albuquerque, NM 87106
You and others who are excited about strengthening the early childhood workforce are invited to this FREE child care summit on Saturday, Oct. 22! Travel Scholarship Information
The agenda for the day is now available for viewing!
¡La agenda completa para la cumbre está disponible AQUÍ!
- CYFD Secretary Monique Jacobson will provide Opening Remarks: Child Care as a Core Program of CYFD -- serving children and families in New Mexico.
- Jason A. Espinoza, President, Association of Commerce and Industry (ACI), will talk about why child care is important to business leaders.
- Panel of business, child care, early education, and policy leaders will address how child care is essential for NM's economy, businesses, families, children, and early learning system.
- Grace Reef, national child care policy expert from the Committee for Economic Development, will talk about significance of the recently released final federal child care regulations (expected release date is end of September).
- Opportunities to work in small groups to build support and effective messaging for child care.
- Networking, connecting, and building awareness for high quality early childhood education.
- Training Certificates will be available for participants.
Travel Scholarships Available!
The scholarship will cover one night's lodging in Albuquerque for October 21st, the night before the Summit and $50 towards travel expenses. To be eligible, you must live at least 85 miles from Albuquerque and plan to bring what you learned at the Summit back to your work and/or community and be committed to promoting early childhood advocacy.